Hudson Healthcare underwrites claims-made medical malpractice insurance primarily on a non-admitted basis through appointed brokers with extensive knowledge of healthcare liability insurance. Our team of professional underwriters, actuaries, risk consultants and claims adjusters have numerous years of experience in the medical malpractice insurance marketplace and work closely with regional brokers to provide valuable resources and solutions to our customers.
Our suite of coverages includes:
- Professional Liability
- General Liability
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Managed Care Liability
- Medicare/Medicaid Billing Errors and Privacy Liability
- Umbrella Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Accountable Care Organizations Liability
- Healthcare Commercial Surety
For entities that retain some or all of their own risk, we are able to offer fully funded policies or fronting arrangements. In addition, our medical malpractice claim and risk management specialists can provide client-focused risk mitigation services and real-time access to claim information and loss history through our third-party administrator, Napa River Insurance Services, Inc.
Our Underwriting Appetite Includes:
- Individual, Small and Large Physician Groups
- Hospitals and Health Systems of any size
- Ancillary Healthcare Facilities, including surgery centers, labs, tissue banks, etc.
- Select Physicians/Healthcare risks that pose unique underwriting challenges including but not limited to litigious jurisdictions and high risk specialties (not all coverage features are available for these risks).
A key factor in setting Hudson Healthcare apart from our peers is our aggressive claim defense philosophy. We defend aggressively those cases that are defensible and settle indefensible cases quickly.