Trucking Coverages for Independent Contractors
Hudson is a market leader for Independent Contractor coverages. Non-Trucking Liability coverage affords liability coverage for permanent-lease owners while their trucks are operated for personal convenience, outside the scope of the motor carrier’s control or direction, and with no economic benefit to the owner-operator or the lease company. Truck Physical Damage coverage provides collision and comprehensive coverage for the owner-operators’ vehicles. Occupational Accident coverage provides coverage for an owner-operator’s injuries while on the job.
Hudson has a team of specialized claims handling professional with years of experience in the industry. We are dedicated to helping get owner-operators’ trucks back up and running as quickly as possible after an accident, handling non-trucking liability claims, and providing prompt service for occupational-accident claims. We can be reached 24/7, and claims can be submitted by phone or online.
Available Independent Contractors Coverage Includes:
- Specifically tailored Commercial Automobile Policy forms
- Written on Admitted paper
- Monthly premiums charged per power unit
- Non-Trucking Liability (NTL) limits up to $1,000,000 (Available after August 31, 2020)
- Truck Physical Damage
- Occupational Accident – work injury benefits for Independent Contractors
- Contingent Liability – for reclassification actions brought against Motor Carriers
- Worker’s Compensation (WC) – for states where the Independent Contractors must carry WC