Hudson is a market leader for Independent Contractor coverages. Non-Trucking Liability coverage affords liability coverage for permanent-lease owners while their trucks are operated for personal convenience, outside the scope of the motor carrier’s control or direction, and with no economic benefit to the owner-operator or the lease company. Truck Physical Damage coverage provides collision and comprehensive coverage for the owner-operators’ vehicles. Occupational Accident coverage provides coverage for an owner-operator’s injuries while on the job.
We are dedicated to getting owner-operators back up and running as quickly as possible after an accident by professional and efficient handling of physical damage claims. Our experienced claims professionals promptly handle occupational – accident claims in the event of an injury. We can be reached 24/7, and claims can be submitted by phone or online.
Available Independent Contractors Coverage Includes:
- Specifically tailored Commercial Automobile Policy forms
- Written on Admitted paper
- Monthly premiums charged per power unit
- Non-Trucking Liability (NTL) limits up to $1,000,000 (Available after August 31, 2020)
- Truck Physical Damage
- Occupational Accident – work injury benefits for Independent Contractors
- Contingent Liability – for reclassification actions brought against Motor Carriers
- Worker’s Compensation (WC) – for states where the Independent Contractors must carry WC