Hudson is licensed to write all aspects of commercial automobile insurance, and it has developed its business in specialty niche marketplaces consisting of Commercial Automobile program business through qualified Program Administrators, as well as Hudson’s directly underwritten Fleet Trucking and Specialty Auto teams located in Indianapolis. Hudson supports the Program Administrator distribution channel that provides invaluable service to consumers by offering affordable alternatives specifically tailored to address the needs of the demographics they serve.
Hudson provides comprehensive protection for Automobile Liability and Physical Damage coverages for commercial vehicles on an admitted and non-admitted basis through Hudson Insurance Company, Hudson Specialty Insurance Company and Hudson Excess Insurance Company. Program business is written with a regional focus and/or is limited to a select group of insureds. Hudson is filed in all 50 states and has the capability of using program-specific or ISO forms and rates.
- Hudson Directly Underwritten Commercial Auto Products include:
- Fleet Trucking
- Transportation /Specialty Auto
- Trucking Coverages for Independent Contractors
- Hudson is a market leader for Independent Contractor coverages. Non-Trucking Liability coverage affords liability coverage for permanent-lease owner-operators while their trucks are operated for personal convenience, outside the scope of the motor carrier’s control or direction, and with no economic benefit to the owner-operator or the lease company. Truck Physical Damage coverage provides collision and comprehensive coverage for the owner-operators’ vehicles. Occupational Accident coverage provides coverage for an owner-operator’s injuries while on the job.
- Hudson has a team of specialized claims handling professionals with years of experience in the industry. We are dedicated to helping get owner-operators’ trucks back up and running as quickly as possible after an accident, handling non-trucking liability claims, and providing prompt service for occupational-accident claims. We can be reached 24/7, and claims can be submitted by phone or online.
- Commercial Auto Delegated Underwriting Authority Programs include:
- Local and intermediate Transportation
- Oil & Gas
- Mexican Border/Transfer Trucking
- Local and Intermediate Trucking in AL, FL, GA, KY, MD, MS, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA and WV